I have learned so much about myself that it is literally impossible to write everything on paper but here are some of my take aways so far.
- We are all the same. Yes, some of us have different skin, eyes might be slightly different, grew up with different families or have a “funny” accent. I realized that we are all literally the same. I used to think the world was so different and that it is crazy how humans grow up and have such different lifestyles. But the more I meet people. (I currently have 10,000+) Linkedin connections so it’s fair to see I have met a ton of people in my life. The more I can see that we are exactly the same! We all have insecurities, the cyclical nature of being motivated or committed to something. We all have relationship problems no matter how successful or how you portray yourself. Every single one of us are the same. We all need love and the want or need to be understood.
- There is no such thing as perfection. We are tend to seek perfection or something like that. Whether it’s trying to make more money, or make someone laugh. The want or need to feel understood is perfectly normal. I mean we all have some story or something we want to share with the world. It’s interesting to see how people open up when you are vulnerable people tend to trust you more. When you show a certain sense of perfection people tend to think you are hiding something.
- You can be whoever and whatever you want to be. The essence of being is an interesting concept. I have the ability to choose whoever I want to be. If I want to be son, support, curiosity, love, connection and trust I can be. There are so many possibilities and I can be whoever I want to be. There is so much power in this alone. Most people think they do not have a choice or their past determines their future quite too often. Knowing that you can have a future based conversation with yourself or with a coach can lead you to explore possibilities and actually create something around to be whatever you want to be.
- People are so amazing! I have so many amazing fellow coaches who have had a significant incidence or something happened that made them get into the world of coaching. For me, I would say it’s the need and want to be accepted by all. I realized that most of my life I have spent it trying to get approval of others. Whether it’s a like on Instagram or in real life where people always say wow Davidson how do you have the time to do all of that? Knowing is half of the battle, now I realized that I can live life and have the option to choose to do things because I really want to instead of seeking external feedback.
- If you are going to be a coach you have to work on yourself first. All of these topics are things I work on a daily basis. I am far from perfect and will never perfect. But I do see a ton of value on working on things I want to get better at whether its organizational skills, saying No instead of being a people pleaser. These are some of the projects I work on with my coach so that I ensure that I get it done instead of hoping something will happen. We all have our automatics and what we are comfortable with. The world of unknown is where true wonders and possibilities exist.
If you are interested in having a conversation with me or any of the hundreds amazing coaches at Accomplishment Coaching feel free to check out my website.
I know I have only scratched the surface but there will be plenty of other coaching related topics to come.
Cheers everyone! I hope you all enjoy your amazing Holiday weekend!
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.