I read a ton of billionaire biographies, and one of the advice I kept hearing was writing handwritten notes goes a long way because of the digital age we live in now. I took it to heart, and I started writing Handwritten notes to my friends/family/ and community.
These are the ten things I would write handwritten notes for 1000+ people in the last two years.
- Partnerships/Clients/Prospects following up with a card can be beneficial in setting yourself apart, highlighting something that you remember from the conversation or meeting to show that you have been listening.
- Congratulations on Promotion, new role, or any career accomplishment!
- Birthdays– everyone wants to be celebrated why not stand out then the auto-populated Happy Birthday. In the word of automation, anything customized stands out.
- Co-workers to celebrate inter collaborative partners, whether its a Customer Service Manager, Relationship Manager, or anyone internally who helps makes your life easier!
- Holidays! A perfect excuse to wish people an amazing year ahead of them- Reflect on their year and acknowledge them for a job well done.
- Thank you cards to Idols, mentors, and influencers. Anyone who has made an impact in your life deserves to know how the influence they had in shaping you- that’s why they are doing the things they love to do because of people like you!
- For No reason- Just because. Cards to share that a person is essential to you is amazing- when people don’t expect it, you stand out from the crowd even more!
- Coaches/teachers/ instructors– Flywheel, Crossfit, Yoga, Meditation anyone who loves helping people. They need love too.
- Leadership team- They are always the first ones to congratulate you. Any promotion, or any impact that he or she has had on you. Many of them are taking a pay cut but do it because of the impact.
- Big moment– Wedding/ anniversary/ or anything that they consider an critical milestone to them.
In writing 1000+ cards and notes to people, I have learned the power of relationships. I would not be where I am if it wasn’t for the important people in my life. Every single person from the receptionist to your CEO has an impact on who you are. Letting them know how much you mean to them will exponentially help you grow and prosper as a leader in any org.
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.