These are my top 10 things I do in order to regain my health and well being.
1. Be careful of what you eat and monitor how many drinks you have. I am much more aware of the number of drinks I have at networking events. I know I always feel like crap when I hit a certain threshold. Limit yourself to one or two. 3 max if it’s a longer event. It helps me be able to wake up the next day and be functional.
2. Meditation or yoga. Mediation for those of you who have not tried it. It helps you be able to be more aware of your subconscious mind, for instance, if you are thinking about a lot of deals you have lost. A lot of times, we keep thinking about it, but you really need to be able to move on. Meditation, I have found gives awareness of even deals I need to follow up. It helps me bring to the forefront of what’s important instead of keeping it in the back of my mind but not really doing anything about it.
3. Having a healthy body= longer sustainability. I don’t know about you guys but I have to work out every day. I notice a big difference when I go to Crossfit vs when I don’t. When you start your day off right, the rest the day becomes much more productive.
4. Plan your day before you go to sleep. A lot of times we go to sleep thinking about what we have to do. When you have a firm outline of the next day and checklists for things you have to do on a notepad, you are able to sleep because you know you don’t have to try to remember everything and then you can go to your notepad in the morning to figure out what the priories for the day are.
5. Listen to Sales podcasts or something motivational in the mornings. When I am in a rut, I often use this time commuting to work or back from work to see what other people are up to. This gives you different things to try and when are you listening to other successful sales reps do and their hacks. Their positivity will help you perceive your job in a much more positive manner.
6. Go for a walk, if you are stuck in your office and you really are not being productive, sometimes taking a break going to the nearest park and just walking around will help clear your mind.
7. Cut bait and eliminate crappy opportunities. Too often we waste time on opportunities that are not the best fit for you. Especially in the beginning when you are just trying to close anything. Time management is key and you want to target the perfect/ideal client base.
8. Go to therapy, you have no idea how much a therapist helps when it comes to dealing with office politics or if you had a bad conversation with your manager. Getting perspective is key, my therapist helped me realize that a lot of these stories in my head is just being overblown or there was something from my past that triggered something. When you have more awareness, you have more control over my emotions and mindset.
9. Getting a standing desk/ stretching in the office and buying a wireless headset. I know for me getting a solid headset where you have noise cancelation was such a valuable investment for me as I run around time so I don’t have to carry my phone. It allows me to walk around more in the office to be healthier than sitting still at all. I often find that because of technology a lot of us are near the computer. Having a standing desk will help you feel better long term. Stretching helps you feel like less of a slob. It also changes things up so that you don’t feel so bogged down.
10. Go out and interact with the rest of the company. I often see that many sales reps only talk to each other. There are always so many insights I learn from talking to other departments. The better the relationships you have, the more helpful they are going to be if you are asking for a favor.
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.