- Don’t be afraid of putting yourself out there. I used to think that there are so many differences between people out there but the more I put myself out there the more I realized people will still love you no matter what happens if you succeed or “fail”.
- The power of having a community and a strong support system. I am extremely blessed to have cross paves with some of the most amazing people in the world. I underestimated how important it is to have a support structure that will help you stay grounded but will still push you past what you thought were your limits.
- Just being yourself and finding authenticity. Being genuine and authentic is one of those things I used to say to myself, What does that even mean? Having a life coach and being immersed in the world really has caused me to reflect and look at what I really care about in life. I have figured out my 3 highest commitments is 1. Leading by example in making a priority my mental and physical well being. Often at times we always love to serve others but at what cost. You have to put on your airplane mask before you can help out others. I am sure many can relate. 2. Modeling love and being of service to the world, which basically means add value everywhere I go. For me, it’s being a connector and being a dream builder supporting all those around me. 3. Lastly, create a family and community around me to help others build their dreams and just be a consistent source of energy and inspiration so that others can accomplish their dreams as well.
- You know a lot more than you think you do. I used to think that age equates to wisdom but there is wisdom in everything and everyone. There is so much power and people tend to underestimate what they know.
- Learning how to deal with rejection. When you explore uncomfortable things, there is always going to be others who will criticize you and what you are doing or say something that will rub you the wrong way. Don’t take it personally. Hurt people hurt. You never really know what someone is going through. It could be a nasty divorce or they found out their loved one has cancer. Sometimes, we take it out on someone else or blame someone else but there is power in knowing that you have a choice on how you react.
- The power of being responsible for your actions. All of your actions have consequences. Everything you did with your life led you to right now. Although it is easier to blame everyone else. The reality is that you have the ability to create change, people often blame everyone and everything else but you have the ability to create your life the way you want it to be. If you are not happy with what is going on right now, then create an action plan and have accountability partners to help support you. With the power of the internet, you have more resources than you really think.
- Perfection is not always the best strategy. There is no such thing as perfection. I know people that are consistently planning mode for 99% of their lives. They end up never producing content. Sure, you should plan but the execution is the key to success. Gary Vee always says content is king.
- Have mentorship, I have spoken to many people who have produced podcasts before and was able to get some help. It’s good to have someone who has done it before so that you can skip a lot of the failures yourself. However for some people, its the only way to learn is be doing and reflecting.
- Being consistent, of course, there are days that one would rather Netflix but if you are truly committed to a goal. You will set up systems and structures to build on consistency.
- Ask and do not be afraid to be bold. I used to be afraid and think famous people would not have the time to reply back to me. I have taken on a practice of doing one thing that scares me every day. After looking back, I can reflect and be proud that if I was to pass away tomorrow. I would be happy with how I lived my life so far.
Happy Tuesday all! Thanks for listening.
If you guys are curious about my podcast. Check out Itunes.