I never thought of myself as a smart person.
I always felt like in school I was always behind and I was never good at studying/ taking exams.
I actually had an experience where someone in my IB Physics class said I don’t have a thirst for knowledge because I didn’t want to skip my lunch to watch an IB Anatomy dissection.
It fueled my fire for growth and learning. It definitely lit a fire underneath my @$$ for years to come….
I never really thought anything of it until about 2 or 3 years ago.
All of a sudden, I felt like I wanted to learn so much. I listen to thousands of youtube videos, podcasts, learning about everything finances, peoples amazing stories, inventors, people that are out to change the world in a way no one has ever seen before!
I was so motivated and just wanted to do everything!
I have so much energy and I wanted to put it to good use.
I then learned throughout the journey that it’s not really about trying to fix something aka me thinking I am not smart enough.
Now I have the ability to choose what I want instead of my relationship to it before was that I was not smart enough.
It’s interesting to see the power of what happens when you choose from a place that is intentional.
Now, my relationship to learning is at cause instead of being at effect of something else.
I play the victim card much less now. I have a choice. I have the ability to do whatever I want not what someone else wants from me.
It’s amazing to feel empowered like that!
I am writing this to you to make you question just even one thing today…
Am I doing this for myself? Or because someone wants me to?
When you know that you have the power to do what you want. The ability to accomplish and do things become so much easier and filled with intentions.
Thank you for reading this on your Holiday weekend!
Bless you all for being such all amazing beings in the world!
My favorites are highlighted in bold.
- Tony Hsieh- Delivering Happiness: A path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
- Pre:The Story of American’s Greatest Running Legend, Steve Prefontaine- Tom Jordan
- The Start- Up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career- Reid Hoffman
- Rework- Jason Fried (Recommended by Mark Cuban)
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow- Yuval Noah Harari
- Idea Man: A memoir by the Cofounder of Microsoft -Paul Allen
- Ray Kroc- Grinding it Out: The Making of McDonald’s
- Getting Real: Ten Truth Skills. You Need to Live an Authentic Life- Susan Campbell, Ph.D.
- Michael Lewis- Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World
- Phil Knight- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the creator of Nike
- The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation- Matthew Dixon
- Strategic Management and Business Policy: Globalization, Innovation and Sustainability- Thomas Wheelan
- Operations Management: Processes and Supply Chains- Lee J. Krajewski
- The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living- Ryan Holiday
- Peter Thiel- Zero To One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- Adam M. Grant- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success
- Ego Is the Enemy- Ryan Holiday
- The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt- T.J. Stiles
- Transform Your Life: 10 Principles of Abundance and Prosperity- Chris Lee
- Tony Robbins: Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook
- The Intelligent Investor. The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel- Benjamin Graham – recommended by Warren Buffet
- Titan: The Life of John. D. Rockefeller- Ron Chernon
- Tesla: Inventor of the Electrical Age- Bernand W. Carlson- Recommended by Elon Musk
- Benjamin Franklin: An American Life- Walter Isaacson – Top 5 books of all time. (Also recommended by Elon Musk)
- Breakpoint: Why the Web will implode, Search will be Obsolete, and Everything Else you Need to Know about Technology is in your Brain- Jeff Stibel
- Michael Lewis- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds.
- Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt- Michael Lewis
- The New New Thing: A Silicon Valley Story- Michael Lewis
- The Money Culture; Michael Lewis
- Grant Cardone- Be Obsessed or Be Average (sales related)
- Tony Robbins- Unlimited Power: The New Science of Personal Achievement
- Tony Robbins- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
- Tony Robbins- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom. (Highly recommended for everyone. Top 5 books)
- Essentials of Business Statistics- Bruce Bowerman
- Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm- Kenneth Laudon
- Introduction to Counseling: An Art and Science Perspective- Michael Nystul
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us:Daniel Pink
- Organizational Behavior- Steven McShane
- Strategic Marketing- David Cravens
- Managing Human Resources- Susan E. Jackson
- Management- Stephen. P. Robbins
- The Legal Environment of Business: Text and Cases: Ethical, Regulatory, Global and Corporate Issues- Frank B. Cross
- Career Anchors: The Changing Nature of Careers Self Assessment- Egdar H. Schein
- Business and Society: Ethics and Stakeholder Management- Archie B. Carroll
- Working with Emotional Intelligence- Daniel Goleman
- Taming Your Gremlin: A Surprisingly Simple Method for getting out of your own way. Rick Carson
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why most small businesses don’t work and what to do about it. Michael E Gerber
- Get Clients Now! (TM): A 28- day marketing program for professionals, consultants, and coaches
- Selling the Invisible: A Field guide to modern marketing
- Creating competitive advantage: give customers a reason to choose you over your competitors- Jaynie. L. Smith
- Coach anyone about anything: How to help people succeed in business and life: Germaine Porche
- Creating Sales Velocity- Matthew Ferry
- The Rosie Project: A Novel- Graeme Simsion
- The Rosie Effect- A novel- Graeme Simsion
- Originals: Adam Grant
- Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1- Neale Donald Walsch
- Journey of Awakening: A Mediatator’s Guidebook- Ram Dass
- Coaching with Spirit- Teri E Belf
- This Thing Called You- Ernest Holmes
- American Kingpin: The Epic Hunt for the Criminal Mastermind Behind the Silk Road- Nick Bilton
Uncontainable: How Passion, Commitment, and Conscious Capitalism Built a Business Where Everyone ThrivesTindell, Kip
Seoul Man: A Memoir of Cars, Culture, Crisis, and Unexpected Hilarity Inside a Korean Corporate TitanAhrens, Frank
- Rejection Proof: How I Beat Fear and Became Invicible Through 100 Days of Rejection- Jiang, Jia
- Get a Financial Life: Personal Finance in Your Twenties and Thirties- Beth Kobliner
- Think and Grow Rich – 1937 Original Masterpiece
- Headstrong- Dave Asprey
- Winning the Cloud– Trong Nguyen
What are your thoughts on any of these books that you have read or the main takeaways?
I am always open to suggestions for books that you think I would like. Thanks all for taking the time to read about my amazing journey!
The picture listed above was actually sent to me from Tony Hsieh when I wrote him a nice note about his amazing book on culture.
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.