Wow! What a thought provoking book. He talks about organisms are essentially algorithms that our biochemical is what causes us to have the thoughts and the concept of free will is discussed. Do we really have free will?
He also talks about “intersubjective reality” such as corporations, the concept of money is really just made up.
- Harari argues that humanism is a form of religion that worships humankind instead of a god. It puts humankind and its desires as a top priority in the world in which humans themselves are framed as the dominant beings. Humanists believe that ethics and values are derived internally within each individual, rather than from an external source. During the 21st century, Harari believes that humanism may push humans to search for immortality, happiness, and power.
- Technological developments have threatened the continued ability of humans to give meaning to their lives; Harari suggests the possibility of the replacement of humankind with a super-man, or “homo deus” (human god) endowed with supernatural abilities such as eternal life.
The way we worship Larry Page, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos is similar to religions if you think about it.
I really enjoyed this book and it was such a thought provoking book to talk about how we as humans act and how we can aimlessly follow an organization or believes in what the media says.
It’s going to be interesting to see how AI affects us. He makes the argument that doctors, lawyers, and many other professions now will be replaced by AI.
If you guys need a change of pace book, this book will definitely rock your world.
Some of the things I have learned from this book.
- We need to be more mindful of following trends.
- Everything is subjective, we cannot predict the future. Anyone that thinks they can predict the future is foolish.
- Technology is really affecting religion and how we believe in it is changing into humanism.
- What seems ridiculous is going to be acceptable in a few years.
- How imaginary borders have such a huge impact in how humans interact with each other. The search for external youth is going to be sooner than you think. The rich will be able to live on more longer.
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.