As I finish my last full week here at LinkedIn, I was able to reflect on my takeaways from the 503 courses I’ve completed in under two years here at LinkedIn Learning. 222 of them were courses and the rest were assigned from LinkedIn Wellness, HR, Company updates, product updates, etc.
These were my top 30 courses and why I took away from them.
- Sales Forecasting
- Developing Business Acumen
- Working Remotely
- Leading at a Distance
- Powerless to Powerful: Taking Control
- Managing Gen Z
- Managing Conflict
- Managing Fairness as a Manager
- Productivity Tips: Setting Up Your Workplace
- Making Commitments
- Field Sales Management
- Selling to Executives
- Note Taking for Professionals
- Learning to Say No
- Radical Candor
Overall, I have found LinkedIn Learning is great to fill in the skills gaps. I was able to better prioritize say no to things. Definitely not a pro at all but I value and manage my time better. I was able to have the most productive 21 months ever in my life.
- I was able to listen better and be able to put myself into my manager’s shoes and it helped me see what she might care about.
- I was able to become a better sales professional but learning things like forecasting which I have never taken a course on.
- I was able to have access to people who normally it would cost a lot to fly them in to train us in person not to mention the caliber of instructors would be quite expensive.
- I was able to gain confidence and build valuable qualities like executive presence whenever a manager gave me feedback.
- I was able to improve my listening skills during 1on1 and be more present in meetings instead of thinking of the future so much.
- Being able to reframe challenges and obstacles as an opportunity to improve and not be so hard of myself that I am not great at everything.
- Overall, LinkedIn Learning is such a valuable resource. I focused more on the soft skills as you can see but I was able to learn hard skills as well with Microsoft Onenote, Asana, Microsoft suite of products, and overall sales forecasting.
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.