During most Decembers, I like to take the time to reflect on the year and plan for the upcoming year. At the end of every day, week, and month I answer these questions, and it’s helped me be a bit more intentional about my life.
Check out Brandon Burchard’s High-Performance Planner-
These are the questions that I answer every night before I go to sleep to reflect upon the day.
- A moment that I really appreciated today was… Thank you, Peter McLean for introducing me to the Brother’s Hearth. It’s incredible to see men come together and not be afraid to show love for each other. It’s quite a beautiful scene, and it’s heartwarming to see men express love for each other. I appreciate the community and the space to be fully self-expressed.
- A situation or task that I handled well today was… I was proud of myself for being a bit more authentic and connected, then I usually am during our combined team meetings. Being the only non-white person on the team, I used to feel out of place at times. It’s taking me this long 15 months into the role, but I feel much more comfortable overall. I am proud of who I showed up to be today, and it’s a choice. It’s not always easy, but it’s nice to grow and be able to choose a different way of being than normal.
- Something I realized or learned today was… I learned that redefining the collaboration book that I started is going to change so many lives. I’m excited about this opportunity, and I’m incredibly grateful for everyone’s contributions. Men being able to share love and being able to have the space to share with others how they are truly feeling is a beautiful thing. Also, reading Obama’s book, I realized how corporate America is basically the same as politics. It’s about coming up with win-wins, and as much as I do not like it, the optics of a situation is always important to consider as well, especially because we work for a media company. I can either make it work for me and learn how to create win-win situations or I can let it deter my career. Which will I choose?
- I could have made today even better if I… I always beat myself up for zoom fatigue and not being able to go outside and get some exercise. My steps have been going down. It is a bit tougher when I no longer live in NYC because you just end up walking everywhere in NYC. After all, we do not have access to a car up there. Committing to stretch and work on my well being is essential.
- Something that could have helped me feel more connected to others today would have been… Today, I felt incredibly connected to others. I am writing my Holiday cards, and that’s nice. Being able to pause, reflect, and honestly acknowledge everyone who has made my life possible with all of these tremendous changes is a beautiful process.
- If I was my own high-performance coach, I could tell myself this statement about today… Great job today, Davidson. You showed up in a big way, and I’m proud of your accomplishments. Remember to take the time to relax as well. It’s essential to have space and continue to meditate. That’s one thing that sources you, so if you continue to make it a practice, it will serve you to have peace of mind.
The 2nd portion of this journal is called the Daily Habits Scorecard
Give yourself a score of 1 to 5 on the following statements related to the habits in the book High Performance Habits. A 1 is low and a 5 is high. The goal isn’t to be perfect; it’s to become more self-aware everyday about the the habits that matter most in helping you reach long-term success.
Clarity: I knew my why and lived intentionally today. 5
Productivity: A worked on things that mattered most today. 4
Energy: I managed my mental and physical energy well. 4
Influence: I guided or treated others well today. 5
Necessity: I felt it was necessary to be my best and made success a must. 4
Courage: I shared my real self, thoughts, and feelings today. 5
I’m curious if anyone else has a similar journaling practice and please share what you currently do at night to reflect on the day that you have just accomplished.
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.