What I learned from the Manager Mix & Mingle
Join us for a speed mentoring session where NYC office leaders from different lines of business and job functions will be paired with individual contributors to share their wisdom and advice on relationship building and more. This is a great opportunity to network with familiar faces, meet new mentors, and leverage the guidance of some of our best and brightest.
It was interesting learning everything from executive presence to moving up to the managerial positions. I enjoyed meeting people who I normally would not interact with from various departments.
At Linkedin, they hire people who love to network and our colleagues have such interesting hobbies and side businesses. It’s awesome when a company promotes that.
When you surround yourself with passionate people, it’s hard to not get affected by that positive energy.
Self-care Station @ Wellness studio, 28th Fl
Spend your InDay focusing on the person you’re in the most important relationship with – YOURSELF! Swing by the Wellness Studio and feel free to use the space to meditate while enjoying soothing sounds, let your mind wander while you color in some adult coloring books, or just take a moment to pause in your busy day and be present.
It was calming and relaxing playing with adult coloring books. My favorite portion was the gratitude exercise, it made reflect and appreciate others at the moment. Gratitude has helped me be able to appreciate the smaller things in life. We had a mural showed above that helped me stop and smell the roses for a little bit.
Live Stream: Fireside Chat with Christina Hall & Cara Wall @ Central Park, 25th Fl
Join us to celebrate Relationships InDay with a special edition Fireside Chat with Christina Hall and her close friend and author, Cara Wall, to discuss Cara’s new book, The Dearly Beloved. The New York Times called the Dearly Beloved “a moving portrait of love and friendship set against a backdrop of social change,” and Vogue editors listed the book as one they are reading this year.
We’ll be tuning into the live stream of the event, and we’ll have books available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
This part was really touching for me to see the relationship that our head of talent Christina Hall and her guest Cara Wall discussing their relationship over the years. When you have a leader in Christina share about their history, you can tell from their interaction how much they love and support each other. It made me think of all of the amazing people in my life who helped me in any way shape or form who I am today. I could list over 100+ people who have impacted my life significantly.
Swing by the 28th floor chalkboard wall and share why you believe #RelationshipsMatter! Add your favorite quote, word, LinkedIn memory or just stop by and take a moment to soak it in.
The quote I added to the wall was “You are whole, perfect, and complete, just the way you are.”
I often think we can be too critical of ourselves. It’s no secret that people tend to be hard on themselves compared to what their friends and family think of them.
These are the top 10 takeaways from relationships that I have learned at my time at Linkedin so far.
- Relationships are the most people thing in life. At the end of the day, its the quality of relationships that will make you smile, laugh and will bring you fulfillment. All of the happiest people I know have supportive and diverse relationships.
- Emotional Intelligence- being able to get along with many different types of people and opinions have helped opened up my mind tremendously as my worldview expands every time I meet someone new who shares authentically about his or her experience.
- Go outside your comfort zone- Anytime I feel stagnant- I took a big risk leaving a stable job to try something scary. Whether it was working for a start-up or moving somewhere completely different. Even though there were a lot of feelings involved, I’m glad everything worked out. Sometimes it’s hard to leave something good for something great.
- Meet someone new every day- I try to make it a challenge to talk to someone new from a different department or even on the elevator. It’s always interesting learning something from a different perspective. It’s helped me out in so many ways.
- Join a different club or organization. I am fortunate to volunteer for so many organizations whether it’s Streetwise Partner and Imentor I have recently signed up for because of Linkedin. I met other people who are being of service and people who have enough abundance to want to give back are people I typically love surrounding myself with.
- The power of Linkedin- every week people reach out to me to tell me how they have received a job offer from Linkedin or even for myself being able to connect to powerful influencers from listening to their podcast interview. Linkedin gives me access to people I normally would have been able to meet otherwise.
- Teamwork and a culture of transparency. Giving feedback and getting feedback has become a part of me. I can grow as much or as little as I want. Feedback is the only way to grow and work on one’s blindspots. It’s helped me practice communication skills and public speaking.
- Create a global experience- during the new hire training for Linkedin Learning I have met so many professionals from all over the world- Sydney, Munich, Dublin, Toronto, Chicago, and I learn so many about different societies. It’s one of my favorite things in the world to be curious about another person’s upbringing or experiences.
- Curiosity makes the world go round. The beauty of our society is that everyone has a different perspective or different upbringing. Being able to learn from every single person you come across can help you be able to step into the shoes of others. It’s such a valuable skill.
- Having fun in all of the little moments- if its a yoga class, boxing, or pilates. I try to laugh at how ridiculous I look or how much I am sweating. Laughter really is the best medicine.
Purpose: I create an empowering context for curious and hungry people looking for fulfillment, experiences, and creativity. We do this by developing their growth mindset, introducing self-love, and powerful group experiences. It results in people with strong boundaries, resilient mental health, and practical life skills
People leave with the ability to land their dream job, have autonomy and flexibility with their lifestyle, travel the world, and create from their heart and soul.
Davidson was once broke, insecure, low-confidence, and frustrated by doing all the wrong activities. Addicted to drugs, validation, and wallowing in self-pity. No relationship to family, and at the mercy of other people’s suggestions and opinions.
It was hell.
After spending $100k hiring different coaches, traveling the world doing workshops around the world, reading>1000 books, and through curiosity, have created the most effective system to remove people from that situation. My life’s work is to bring joy and abundance to people who as on a similar path as I was and bring back the joy and abundance of their life.
Through shared experiences and storytelling, I inspire and model behaviors that lead to a richer, more fulfilled life full of joy, experiences, passion, and ecstasy from the richness of relationships and being able to experience the depths of the human experience.