Check out my podcast episode with AJ Alonzo discussing the evolution of the SDR rep. AJ Alonzo is the Director of Marketing at demandDrive.
He’s responsible for marketing communication efforts growing their social media presence and is a co-host of The UNSUBSCRIBE Podcast. It’s a podcast designed to help Sales Development Reps better prospect, manage their teams, and prepare them for the world of Sales Development. During this episode, we discussed tenacity, grit, resilience, and how the industry of sales development has developed since we started a while back.
These were my top ten takeaways from our conversation.
1. Why they started their own podcast- they didn’t see a lot of content out there for the Sales Development community- Seeing a need and fulfilling on it is how many businesses are started.
2. The advantages of seeing it through vs always leaving for the next best thing.
3. How the SDR mentality can help you in many aspects of life.
4. Work smarter not harder.
5. The evolution of sales and how consumers can research everything before speaking with your company.
6. How successful organizations really understand taking care of their SDRs.
7. How prospecting and building those strong SDR skills can help you excel as a top AE.
8. How personalization has changed because of all of the information we have out there on the internet.
9. How the pandemic has changed prospecting.
10. How being authentic can gets you meetings and help you win deals.
If you want to connect with AJ, you can connect with him below.
If you want to consume via Audio, click here for the Podcast Link.
Purpose: I create an empowering context for curious and hungry people looking for fulfillment, experiences, and creativity. We do this by developing their growth mindset, introducing self-love, and powerful group experiences. It results in people with strong boundaries, resilient mental health, and practical life skills
People leave with the ability to land their dream job, have autonomy and flexibility with their lifestyle, travel the world, and create from their heart and soul.
Davidson was once broke, insecure, low-confidence, and frustrated by doing all the wrong activities. Addicted to drugs, validation, and wallowing in self-pity. No relationship to family, and at the mercy of other people’s suggestions and opinions.
It was hell.
After spending $100k hiring different coaches, traveling the world doing workshops around the world, reading>1000 books, and through curiosity, have created the most effective system to remove people from that situation. My life’s work is to bring joy and abundance to people who as on a similar path as I was and bring back the joy and abundance of their life.
Through shared experiences and storytelling, I inspire and model behaviors that lead to a richer, more fulfilled life full of joy, experiences, passion, and ecstasy from the richness of relationships and being able to experience the depths of the human experience.