Grateful for Omar Divina sharing his lessons from IC to CEO and lessons along the way
These were my takeaways from the conversation.
Nice meeting you too Ramon R. Lizardo, MD
1. Where do you find flow? What are you good at?
2. Ask yourself who are the successful people that you want to emulate?
3. Learn how to produce outcomes
4. Never choose a job based on title or comp. Choose based on what outcomes do you want to drive?
5. What can you learn from this job? What stories do you want to be able to tell in a year or two?
6. Choose your narrative. What you have taken from each of these job moves?
7. What’s your lesson from that? Owning your career narrative understanding the outcomes you drove. Hiring based on those who are intentional about these decisions.
8. From IC To manager it’s more about proving outcomes not just selling.
9. When moving into the C suite- Become a systems thinker how does this interlocking pieces come together.
10. Becoming really good at recruiting
11. They are compelled by your vision.
12. Always hire A-Players.
13. Gotta know what motivates your folks and understanding your own triggers
14. Moving from directing(Managing) to set a vision winning hearts and minds.
15. Know your weaknesses to hire to augment. ex: product size, engineering, marketing
16. Complex stakeholder management, managing the messaging.
Can’t keep everyone happy.
Purpose: I create an empowering context for curious and hungry people looking for fulfillment, experiences, and creativity. We do this by developing their growth mindset, introducing self-love, and powerful group experiences. It results in people with strong boundaries, resilient mental health, and practical life skills
People leave with the ability to land their dream job, have autonomy and flexibility with their lifestyle, travel the world, and create from their heart and soul.
Davidson was once broke, insecure, low-confidence, and frustrated by doing all the wrong activities. Addicted to drugs, validation, and wallowing in self-pity. No relationship to family, and at the mercy of other people’s suggestions and opinions.
It was hell.
After spending $100k hiring different coaches, traveling the world doing workshops around the world, reading>1000 books, and through curiosity, have created the most effective system to remove people from that situation. My life’s work is to bring joy and abundance to people who as on a similar path as I was and bring back the joy and abundance of their life.
Through shared experiences and storytelling, I inspire and model behaviors that lead to a richer, more fulfilled life full of joy, experiences, passion, and ecstasy from the richness of relationships and being able to experience the depths of the human experience.