I wanted to make a video for anyone who has recently been affected by layoffs. I keep hearing many of my former colleagues have been let go. It’s such a tough time right now, and this was advice I wish I had known before my job search.
Top ten tips
- Take some time to reflect and process everything. Do not apply to jobs from a place of scarcity. You most likely won’t enjoy the jobs you are blindly applying to anyways.
- Reach out to your inner circle folks who believe in you. They will build back your confidence after it has been shattered by wondering what I did wrong?
- Make a list of companies that you enjoyed working for and aspects of the jobs that you’ve had to reflect on what has given you the most fulfillment
- Leverage tools like Glassdoor, Repvue, Bravado, Fishbowl, and Blind
- Reach out to your network- reach out to ex-colleagues with whom you have strong relationships. They can speed up the interview process and put in a good word for you.
- Many people network when it’s too late. Have a ton of coffee chats and try to understand what the market is like, pros and cons. Have a list of thoughtful questions from a place of curiosity, not a place of neediness.
- Create a list of your accomplishments that will help you highlight them during recruiter calls
- Hire a career coach. This will help you process everything. Therapy also helps because when we are in a place of survival, it often brings out the worse traits
- Journal, reflect and make sure you have hobbies because when you are in a higher vibration, you will attract the right companies and people.
- Have fun, don’t take yourself too seriously. Almost everyone has been through layoffs at some point in their career, and they remember how stressful it was. People are more emphatic than you think no need to have shame around it.
Purpose: I create an empowering context for curious and hungry people looking for fulfillment, experiences, and creativity. We do this by developing their growth mindset, introducing self-love, and powerful group experiences. It results in people with strong boundaries, resilient mental health, and practical life skills
People leave with the ability to land their dream job, have autonomy and flexibility with their lifestyle, travel the world, and create from their heart and soul.
Davidson was once broke, insecure, low-confidence, and frustrated by doing all the wrong activities. Addicted to drugs, validation, and wallowing in self-pity. No relationship to family, and at the mercy of other people’s suggestions and opinions.
It was hell.
After spending $100k hiring different coaches, traveling the world doing workshops around the world, reading>1000 books, and through curiosity, have created the most effective system to remove people from that situation. My life’s work is to bring joy and abundance to people who as on a similar path as I was and bring back the joy and abundance of their life.
Through shared experiences and storytelling, I inspire and model behaviors that lead to a richer, more fulfilled life full of joy, experiences, passion, and ecstasy from the richness of relationships and being able to experience the depths of the human experience.