Thanks, Edwin for sharing this! It’s neat to reflect back to see which books I enjoyed and which ones I have shared my beliefs with and the things I care about.
According to good reads, I have read 19,852 pages across 65 books.
These were my top ten books that I’ve read this year in no particular order.
- Ernest Hemingway on Writing
- Erik Larson: The Devil in the White City
- Patriot Number One: American Dreams in Chinatown: Lauren Hilgers
- The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man: James Weldon Johnson
- When I Stop Talking, You’ll Know I’m dead: Jerry Weintraub
- Endurance: A Year in Space, A Lifetime of Discovery: Scott Kelly
- No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End: Atul Gawande
- Howard Hughes: The Untold Story : Peter Harry Brown
- A People’s History of the United States: Howard Zinn
These were my top business books
- Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in Business: Danny Meyer
- Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Keep, and Nurture Talent: Nolan Bushnell
- The Go-Giver Influencer: A Little Story About a Most Persuasive Idea
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time: Keith Ferazzi
- Marc Benioff: Behind the Cloud: the untold story of how salesforce.com went from idea to billion-dollar company- and revolutionized an industry
- Marc Benioff: Trailblazer- The Power of Business as the Greatest Platform for Change
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story about a Powerful Business Idea: Bob Burg
- The Three Laws of Performance: Rewriting the Future of Your Organization and Your Life: Steve Zaffron and Dave Logan
- The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company: Robert Iger
- The Go-Giver Leader: A Little Story about What Matters Most in Business : Bob Burg
These were my favorite self-development books of the year
- The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance
- The Algebra of Happiness: Notes on the Pursuit of Success, Love, and Meaning: Scott Galloway
- Levels of Energy: Frederick Dodson
- The Courage to Be Disliked: How to Free Yourself, Change Your Life, and Achieve Real Happiness
- Living with the Monks: What Turning Off My Phone Taught Me about Happiness, Gratitude, and Focus
- Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet
- Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out: Marci Shimoff, Carol Kline
- The Science of Getting Rich: Wallace Wattles
These are some recommended journals that I enjoyed using this year
- The Mindfulness Journal: Daily Practices, Writing Prompts, and Reflections for Living in the Present Moment: Barrie Davenport
- Zen as F*ck: A Journal for Practicing the Mindful Art of Not Giving a Sh*t: Monica Sweeney
- The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Designing the Future: Ryder Carroll
- Start Where You Are: A Journal for Self- Exploration: Meera Lee Patel
The bolded ones are the ones I would start with if you want my favorite recommendations.
Does anyone have any other books that you would recommend for me based on the books I have shared that I’ve read this year?
Davidson Hang is currently in Sales at Cheetah Digital which is a Marketing technology company located in NYC.
Davidson is an avid networker, personal growth- life and business coach.
He loves spreading the love and regularly helps people create and design the life they want for themselves.