I’m close to reaching 1,000 subscribers, which is the min to make money from YouTube!
These are ten things I learned so far from being a content creator.
- The power of YouTube Shorts is just from having the shorts feed, I had 32,679 views on my channel from that functionality. I used to think Shorts was lame, but by embracing it, I drove a lot more traffic to my page.
- 30% of my viewers are between 25-34 years old, 18.4% between 18-24, and 20.1% are between 35 to 44 years old so actually, it surprised me that I had a pretty big distribution of age.
- 66.6% male, 33.4% female. This doesn’t surprise me. Women of course, prefer to watch other women, and women tend to be more into the visuals, which is something I could work on, mainly because YouTube is such a visual platform.
- This year is where most of my watch time comes from, so it’s great to show that I am making progress and that, finally, by committing to the craft this year, I am seeing results.
- It’s so important to have a strong hook because this year, for instance, the average view duration is 2 mins and 31 secs, so let’s say my average Podcast interview is over 30 minutes realistically if I don’t catch people’s attention by 30 secs into the video I’m going to lose them. Hence, I need to work on that to get it to a higher number.
- Most of my subscribers come from the Youtube watch page, and I’ve gotten some subscribers. I recently experimented with Youtube Advertising, which has been paying off, since my goal is to make money on the channel sometimes. If you pay to pay, it will help you get there more quickly.
- Because I often post a lot on my social media channels, it will tell me that I got 1523 views from my LinkedIn page, 1724 from Facebook, and just as many through Google Search. 1724.
- This portion was super enjoyable, and I never expected to get 6348 views from India, 2866 from Indonesia, and thousands from Vietnam, Russia, South Korea, Japan, and so many other countries. It shows how global YouTube is.
- I tried advertising so I could be more knowledgeable about how it works. With something like one of my YouTube shorts for 230,467 impressions, 2498 viewed it because of clicking on the ad, which gave me 161 promotion subscribers, which is pretty good, honestly, because in one ad, what took me years to get to 161 subscribers did it in one day, lol.
- What I appreciate about my YouTube channel is that I don’t need to overanalyze it, have fun with everything, and not take myself too seriously.
Purpose: I create an empowering context for curious and hungry people looking for fulfillment, experiences, and creativity. We do this by developing their growth mindset, introducing self-love, and powerful group experiences. It results in people with strong boundaries, resilient mental health, and practical life skills
People leave with the ability to land their dream job, have autonomy and flexibility with their lifestyle, travel the world, and create from their heart and soul.
Davidson was once broke, insecure, low-confidence, and frustrated by doing all the wrong activities. Addicted to drugs, validation, and wallowing in self-pity. No relationship to family, and at the mercy of other people’s suggestions and opinions.
It was hell.
After spending $100k hiring different coaches, traveling the world doing workshops around the world, reading>1000 books, and through curiosity, have created the most effective system to remove people from that situation. My life’s work is to bring joy and abundance to people who as on a similar path as I was and bring back the joy and abundance of their life.
Through shared experiences and storytelling, I inspire and model behaviors that lead to a richer, more fulfilled life full of joy, experiences, passion, and ecstasy from the richness of relationships and being able to experience the depths of the human experience.